Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Fixing Runners for a walnut dining room table

I recieved a walnut dining room table recently with mechanical problems. the first problem was that the runners had been damaged and as a result did not function properly. Below are photos of the damaged runner, the damaged area removed and the patching of the runner with new wood. After the patches are glued then I will recreate the track that allows the runners to open and close.The runner was damaged on both ends but since I did the same procedure to each end I only included photos for one end.( I don't know why but the last photo got flipped, Sorry!)









No comments:

Post a Comment