Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Building a Locust and Walnut Entry Table (2010) Part 3

This week I completed the Locust and Walnut table I have been building. Below I have included several photos of the table in the shop and outside. I also thought it would be fun to match some photos I took of the table with some shots from Google's Sketchup program. This was the first time I designed a piece of furniture using this program and I was very satisfied with the results!

The first three photos are of the table in the shop with after the final coat of French Polish was applied.


I went ahead and created a label for the table which I signed and dated for posterity!
This first shot taken outside is at a weird angle, but I thought it showed off the grain of the locust well.
Here is a shot of the completed table after it has had paste wax applied.
These last four pictures are taken from approximately the same angle first in Sketchup and then in reality.



1 comment:

  1. Wow…outstanding service and products to meet our office needs. I Love all and the colors you choose are perfect. I want this furniture for my new house. Thanks a lot for sharing
    Dressing Table In Chennai With Prices

    ReplyDelete