Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Initial Work

The first task in the restoration of these two pieces was to remove the damaged finish. With the table, most of the finish was removed at some point, and all that was left was some finish on the legs and apron. Once I had the finish removed I sanded the table to remove the water damage (seen in the photo below) and sanded the legs to remove finish and stripper residue. I decided to mount the legs in the lathe to sand an repair them. This stabilized them and gave me the opportunity to really inspect them for damage




As for the chest of drawers, All of the finish had to be removed. You can see the condition of the existing finish on the top of the chest in the photo below. There is also a photo of the chest once the finish was removed.








No comments:

Post a Comment