Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Upholstering the side chairs

After the chairs were glued and cleaned I recovered the seats with new fabric that the customer picked out. I have shown the process and the finished product below.

The first step was to remove the old fabric .

The new fabric is measured and cut.
The fabric is tacked to the seat.

Tacks are removed and staples put in place. After the cuts are made black polyester fabric covers the underside of the chairs.




The comleted seat on the chair which has been cleaned and waxed.










No comments:

Post a Comment