Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Archetectural Turnings

A builder I work with is restoring the facade of a store front and needed some turnings duplicated because the original turnings had rotted and been repaired too many times. Because of the length of the turnings, it was necessary to turn them in sections. I ended up turning the large tops and bottoms in groups and then the long thinner sections separately. After the turnings were finished, the sections would be ripped on a table saw into quarter turnings and then put in place by the builder. Here are some photos of my part in the process:

The original turnings

Close up of a larger section with ogee molding.

A large turned section.


Several of the Larger turned sections with ogee molding.



A closeup of two of the sections that will be separated later.


No comments:

Post a Comment