Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Clamping outside the Box

When repairing the appliques to the walnut bed I am currently working on, I needed a way to clamp the parts while they were gluing. Clamping parts with irregular shapes can be challenging. In this case, the solution was to place the appliques on a board with wax paper (to keep the pieces from gluing to the board). I then used screws as hold downs to secure the pieces in place and bring them together while gluing. the screws also held the backs of the appliques flush against the boards. the process worked and the pieces are re assembled now. I have included some photos below. The first applique in the series is walnut while the grapes and vines are molded paper.




















No comments:

Post a Comment