Welcome to my blog which follows my furniture restoration business. Please feel free to comment at the bottom of the post, and if you would like a response please leave your email address. you can also contact me directly at info@johnmarkpower.com. And by all means, if you like something please feel free to share it.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Custom American Girl Doll Bunk Beds

About a month ago I sent an email to my customers to see if anyone was interested in custom objects like turnings or carvings for Christmas. One of the responses was from a customer who wanted some bunk beds made for her daughters American Girl Doll. Below are some photos of the process of making the beds. I decided to build them out of Locust which is a local hard wood.The inner measurements for the beds are roughly 8" x 18". I will post a second post when they are completed.
Here is a photo of the board I used for the parts before it was milled.
Gluing up the boards that will become the head board and foot board.The various parts milled and cut to size.Gluing up the head boards and foot boards.The frames for the beds assembled.Like real beds the rails will be detachable from the head and foot boards.The beds in bunk positions.

No comments:

Post a Comment