The Crawford Chair Co. was founded in 1902 by Edward Crawford, who had previously been a founding member of the Grand Ledge Chair Company. The company was in operation from 1902 until 1931 when it changed hands and became the Hoerner Chair Company. The factory where these chairs were produced was built by Edward Crawford and was in use until it burned down in 1943. A photo of the factory can be seen below:
Below is a link to the Grand Ledge Area Historical Society Website which has a more detailed history of these two chair companies as well as furniture manufacture in the region.